Sunday, September 25, 2011

Arty Party

Never thought I would be so lucky to have the privilege of being a VIP guest at a swanky Carmel-by-the-sea art party, hosted by the legendary Scott Jacobs.
But there I was on Ocean avenue, paper plate full of olives, Ritz, and cheese spread, little plastic cup of table wine...and wait, swanky???!! Okay, okay...so ritzy ain't my style, and it ain't Scott's either, that's why we were so cool.
I quickly downed a few *shots?* of wine, and took on the role of "awesome personal photographer of Scott Jacobs". No one questioned my high roller status as I floated through the crowd snapping away...and by crowd, I mean, a few chicks who probably were trying to hook up with Scott, a few art snobs, and a random homeless looking guy (who turned out to be way cool and a Beatles expert-so you know I loved that!).
Scott's quaint studio is on prime real estate above an art gallery on Ocean Avenue, a two story loft with a kitchen, bath, balcony, and my favorite--an accessible roof, with an ocean view!! He took me out a tiny door/window to the roof, and a bunch of us all sat among the rafters drinking beer and laughing...as the pink and orange hue of the setting sun painted the sky and buildings.
I thought to myself, if I was ever a struggling artist, trying to find my way, trying to pursue my dreams...and I had this view--I would think I had made it. It was perfect.
The art crowd subsided quickly, and the rest of us drank into the night serenaded by some of Scott's friends....a quiet simple beat on the drums, and a sweet melodic voice on the microphone...





::See more photos on my facebook page from this event::

No comments:

Post a Comment