Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tee Time!

I am a daughter of a golfer, wife of a golfer...and until recently when hired to do so, I had never even stepped foot onto a golf course! Well, that is not necessarily true...I have walked on some, but certainly not to play golf.
So, when I was invited to accompany a group to the Pebble Beach Golf Club to photograph their experience...a golfers dream destination...I leaped at the opportunity.
I was nervous as I had never seen a game of golf, besides maybe watching Happy Gilmore a few times...so I wasn't sure where I would stand or what I would try and capture.
As the game got underway, I quickly realized the shots I would need to get. The drive.The back swing. The follow through. The sand trap. Not to mention the amazing scenery. I transformed into a photojournalist pretty seamlessly, running around trying to get "the shot". I felt important. I felt amazing.
As I crawled through the grass, hid in the bunkers, sprinted to catch them at their next shot I kept thinking to myself, **THIS is what I want to DO** Experiencing this emotion while I happened to be standing on one of the most expensive and picturesque pieces of land in the country was nothing short of surreal.
Here are my best shots...

1 comment:

  1. Pure awesomeness! The middle two are my favorites!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete