Monday, November 15, 2010

Alcatraz shmalcatraz

I wasn't optimistic about the trip. Now, give me a break, I did have what I self diagnosed myself to have....strep throat, and we all know that sucks...but, I should have had a better outlook. Now, give me a break, my daughter did spend most of the weekend with a high fever and vomiting spells....but, I should have had a better outlook. Am I repeating myself?
We had won the lottery for central coast weather...San Francisco was as clear as I have ever seen it, and the warmest too. Armed with our backup sweaters, (because you know you don't take chances next to the Pacific) we embarked the boat at Pier 33 for our awesome trip to the ROCK.
I was pleasantly suprised by the island tour, it was educational, interesting, and warm. Alcatraz is a beautiful well maintained island, full of history, and very family friendly....okay, okay, so I had a good time.
But best of all, my camera lens was super happy. What a view!
So, as I munch on my humble pie, (it still hurts to swallow)...enjoy the photos.

~10 minute boat ride from the Wharf~

~Guardtower~

~Facade of the officers club~

~The 5x9 cell~

~Don't I wish sometimes~

~"Seedy Street"~

~Crazy hair...boogery nose..horrible attitude...yet so sweet~

~Peering through the visitation booth window~

~Walking down "Broadway"~

~Memorize. There will be a test~

~Rundown architecture next to a flawless sky...so happy~

~Escaping Alcatraz. Golden Gate Bridge adorns the background~

No comments:

Post a Comment