Monday, August 23, 2010

Beachwalk

I went to the beach the other day on the cusp of Monterey summer. While the rest of the country bbq's poolside in July and August, we sit patiently in the clouds, hoping someday, somehow, the fog will clear...
Well, it has. Summer *might* be here, I don't want to jinx it... but it's looking good. Anyway, the air was clearer than I had seen in a long time, so I stopped off the PCH to steal a few pictures of the late sun, low in the sky, not quite sunset...
~~kind of a shoddy cut and paste...put pretty none the less~~

The iceplant these days on the beach is such a beautiful red color, and against the sand and the blue...it's one of my favorite color palettes.
~~You cannot edit color like that. Breathtaking~~

At some point along my journey I realized I was, like always, wearing my black ballet flats...(I've grown up just a little, as now my flip-flops are not my "go-to" shoes), totally NOT your beachy ice-planty type walk wear.
~~Darn the wear and tear on these things~~

Just before I headed back to the car, I was captivated by this large plastic netting, a complete disater aesthetically speaking for the beach, but for me?? Visual GOLD.
Doesn't get much cooler than that.

Well, fingers crossed for more clear blue fantastic days, and that "summer" is here, because I must say that when Monterey does it, it does it right...

No comments:

Post a Comment