Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Friday Hike

The hubby and I have officially made time for eachother...something that has been hard to come by in our 10 years with our three crazy kids. He has fridays off, and before things get too hectic and he has to take those days to study, we are putting the littlest in daycare, and dedicating our fridays to US. The last two "us-days" we have had a nice breakfast out and then gone hiking, exploring the trails behind our house. The dreary winter rain has subsided for now, the sun has been out, warming the air, slightly. Having an adult converstation with your spouse, and not having to speak over spilt milk, snotty noses, shrill shrieking, is refreshing. Now, of course we have been lucky enough to take vacations in the past where we spent quality time together, but I think having a weekly escape, if only for a few hours, is priceless. 
Of course, I took my camera to capture the pretty things on our journey.
I didn't have to change a diaper, threaten a "time-out", or find a potty spot!!
Okay, I may be lying on the last one.  









2 comments:

  1. Yay, I am so happy for you! When Jason can take a day off and just spend it with me, it is SO REFRESHING!! So glad you guys can spend a day together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday is literally THE most important day of your lives. Treat it as such! and that is one perdy bird, my friend!

    ReplyDelete